- Emphasize exercise and good nutrition.
- Spend more quality time with your teens
- Monitor online activity
- Talk to your kids and maintain open lines of communication
- Be a good role model
- Set and enforce rules
- Be a good listener
- Catch your teen doing good
- Get help if your teen is struggling
There are a many resources listed below to help parents raising tweens and teens
- Family Resource Centers in the Sweetwater District have many resources for parents and families.
- National City Collaborative Family Resource center
- https://Family Resource Center/
Parent Needs Assessment Survey
Accelerated Reader (AR) is a reading program whose aim is to improve student’s reading skills. Research has shown that students need to practice reading in order to become better readers. It is recommended that students read at least an hour a day within their reading level.
Home Connect – https://hosted186.renlearn.com/268783/HomeConnect/Login.aspx
Tips for Raising Teenagers:
Academic achievement data for schools and districts are available online:
- AYP Reports can be accessed on the CDE AYP Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ay/index.asp
- API Reports can be accessed on the CDE API Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ap/
- Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) data can be accessed on the CDE STAR Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/
- CELDT Accountability Reports can be accessed on the http://celdt.cde.ca.gov/
- CAHSEE Accountability Reports can be found on the CDE Web Page at http://cahsee.cde.ca.gov/